[FLASH-USERS] Compile Flash on NERSC Cori

Lu, Yingchao yingchao.lu at rochester.edu
Thu Mar 3 15:57:44 EST 2022

Hi Hao,

The petsc module on Cori includes an HYPRE library. However, we have found that HYPRE in petsc has memory cleaning problems. So, I would suggest building and installing HYPRE on your own. After installation you need to include the following lines in Makefile.h:
LIB_HYPRE = -L${HYPREHOME}/lib -lHYPRE
FFLAGS_HYPRE = -I${HYPREHOME}/include
CFLAGS_HYPRE = -I${HYPREHOME}/include
where ${HYPREHOME} is the environment variable pointing to where HYPRE is installed.

The HYPRE installation guide and source code can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/hypre-space/hypre. Setting these environment variables before running configure script may be useful for building HYPRE on Cori:
export FC=ftn
export CC=cc
export CXX=CC
_COMPFLAGS="-O3"