[FLASH-USERS] laserlab laser absorption fraction

Stylianos.PASSALIDIS at cea.fr Stylianos.PASSALIDIS at cea.fr
Tue Nov 22 10:34:58 EST 2022

Hello all,

I would like to ask how I can calculate the percentage of absorbed energy compared to the total laser deposited.

I attach a line-out plot in VisIt, comparing the two values of "absr" and "depo". Although laser deposition seems normal, the absr line-out seems weird to me, showing absorption even inside along the target? Is there any idea to calculate the absorbed laser energy? Also, what is the units of "absr"?

Thank you in advance for any help,

S. Passalidis