[FLASH-USERS] LaserSlab simulation of a thin target

Garcia Rubio, Fernando fgar at lle.rochester.edu
Wed Oct 12 16:27:04 EDT 2022

Hello Tomer,

Seems like you might not have enough grid points in the target. As a rule of thumb, you want to have 10 grid points across the target thickness.

Hope this helps!

Fernando
Fernando García Rubio, PhD
Assistant Scientist
Laboratory for Laser Energetics
585-957-1743

El 12 oct 2022, a las 11:48, Tomer Catabi <tomercatabi at mail.tau.ac.il<mailto:tomercatabi at mail.tau.ac.il>> escribió:

Hello Flash users and developers,

I am new to FLASH and am trying to make a simulation of laser induced plasma of a thin target (800 nm), similar to the laserslab example.
I have changed the refinement so that the target is visible, but it seems that unlike when running the simulation with a thicker target, the target's thickness is not constant in respect to the 'z' axis. Has anyone encountered this issue before? or maybe someone has an idea of what is the cause of the issue?
I attached a graph of the electron number density on the 'z' axis before the laser interaction in which the issue appears.

Kind regards,
Tomer
<0.0 nsns_1d-Profile_z_El_number_density.png>