[FLASH-USERS] using multiple particle types in a simulation

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 25 10:30:53 EDT 2023

Hi,

The FLASH user guide states that FLASH supports the co-existence of
multiple particle types in the same simulation, but doesn't detail exactly
how to use that. I have successfully used both active and passive
particles, but not in the same simulation. I assume that one needs
multiple PARTICLETYPE statements in the Config file, but how do I
differentiate different PARTICLEPROP statements according to which type?
Some particle properties only make sense for the active or passive
particles.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jon
--
Jonathan D. Slavin (he/him)
Astrophysicist - High Energy Astrophysics Division