[FLASH-USERS] LaserSlab simulation with 1-Temperature model

Reyes, Adam adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Thu Dec 7 03:54:44 EST 2023

Hi Wang Yinru,

I don’t that it is possible to do a 1T version of laserslab. Many of the physics can be configured for a single temperature but the energy deposition unit that does the laser ray tracing expects an electron energy variable.

What you could do instead is have the 2T physics in the 1T limit by making the ion-electron heat exchange very fast. This can be accomplished by having a custom “hx_ieEquilTime.F90” in your simulation directory that computes a very small equilibriation time.
Adam Reyes

Code Group Leader, Flash Center for Computational Science
Research Scientist, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
University of Rochester
River Campus: Bausch and Lomb Hall, 369
500 Wilson Blvd. PO Box 270171, Rochester, NY 14627
Email adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Web https://flash.rochester.edu
 (he / him / his)