[FLASH-USERS] How to limit the frequency of detector files generated in a ThomsonScattering unit with ray tracing

Wu, Yaoxing wu1587 at purdue.edu
Mon Dec 25 03:57:23 EST 2023

Dear FLASH users and developers,

I am focusing on the Thomson Scattering (TS) Unit in the FLASH. From the Chapter 29, the TS Unit are divided into 2 categories (with ray tracing and with no ray tracing). I'm not sure which category is more suitable for the plasma diagnosis experiments.

The “thsc_detectorFileIntervalTime” and “thsc_spectrumFileIntervalTime” parameters can be used to limit the frequency of scattering computations in TS with no ray tracing (see example_thsc.par). But these parameters can not be recognized in TS with ray tracing in thsc_wrt3Dexample.par.

Therefore, could someone please tell me how to limit the frequency of detector files generated in a TS unit with ray tracing?

I would very appreciate for any help related to the TS unit. Thank you!

Best regards,
Yaoxing