[FLASH-USERS] Problems with using Laserslab models-How to set the closed chamber

胡艳菲 huyanfeii at 163.com
Wed Dec 27 09:17:12 EST 2023

Dear Flash users,

I encountered some problems in the simulation of the 3D in 2D Laserslab model based on cylindrical coordinates  and wanted to do plasma simulation in a closed chamber filled with air pressure.The problems encountered are as follows:

  1.For setting the enclosed chamber, I set parameters xl_boundary_type, xr_boundary_type,yl_boundary_type,yr_boundary_type,zl_boundary_type,zr_boundary_type in the .par file to reflect. In this case, the laser cannot enter the chamber. So I tried ed_ignoreBoundaryCondition_n paramete=.ture in the .par file to make the laser ignore the boundary condition, but it failed, and the laser still couldn't enter the chamber. I would like to ask how you set the parameters to achieve the closed chamber?

2.I tried to increase the density of the chamber to represent the atmospheric pressure, but the laser will be absorbed by the chamber and will not reach the target (set ms_targZmin=0.02, but the chamber is not set), I would like to ask you how to solve it?

Any suggestions on those issues would really help me a lot,

Thank you very much for the help,

All the best,

Yanfei Hu