[FLASH-USERS] Regarding ms_targZMin

Ong Jian Fuh jianfuh.ong at eli-np.ro
Fri Feb 10 03:56:22 EST 2023

After the first email, I played around and find that it is caused by the
average ionization in sesame module.

FLASH has use Thomas Fermi ionization to model the average ionization
level at low temperature.

But it is weird that the ionization level at room temperature come with
al-imx-003.ses or al-imx-003.cn4 doesn't match TF model.

The minimum ionization level is around 0.015 but 0.02 is used instead,
that is ms_targZmin at work.

But TF gave around 2.4 at room temperature and ms_targZmin is not
applied. It seems like the code take the maximum value between
ms_targZmin and data.

My guess is that as long as the average ionization level initiated with
too large value it is difficult to get laser heating. So other table
from sesame also dont work.

I appreciate if anyone or from developers can comment about this. Thanks.

Regards,
Ong