[FLASH-USERS] Regarding ms_targZMin

Adam Reyes adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Fri Feb 10 08:28:05 EST 2023

Hi Ong,

The *imx*.ses files that are included with FLASH are converted from the
ionmix tables with the same names, so the ionization table in
al-imx-003.ses is the same as al-imx-003.cn4. That being said, when FLASH
uses sesame type tables it won't look at the ionization table in sesame and
instead uses TF.

To my knowledge many of the publicly available sesame tables don't include
any of the ionization tables (the 504/601 series). The 3720 table I have
doesn't include them.

Another option for ionization tables is with TOPS
<https://aphysics2.lanl.gov/apps/>. FLASH4.7 includes a reader for TOPS in
the Opacity materialProperties unit, but the tables themselves don't
have any EoS information, and so the ionizations would need to be merged
with other tabulated EoS somehow.

Adam Reyes

Code Group Leader, Flash Center for Computational Science
Research Scientist, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
University of Rochester
River Campus: Bausch and Lomb Hall, 369
500 Wilson Blvd. PO Box 270171, Rochester, NY 14627
Email adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Web https://flash.rochester.edu
 (he / him / his)