[FLASH-USERS] Extra Refinement for Area

Lewis,Sean scl63 at drexel.edu
Tue Jun 6 12:54:36 EDT 2023

Hi Thomas,

I am attempting something very similar (though for an astrophysical simulation). Assuming your setup uses Paramesh, there’s a set of routines meant for defining a specific region to be refined: /source/Grid/GridMain/paramesh/{Grid_markRefineSpecialized.F90,gr_markInRectangle.F90}. Grid_markRefineSpecialized can be called by Grid_markRefineDerefine() and given a specific rectangular (or spherical/elliptical) region to mark all blocks within for refinement.

I personally have not gotten this behavior to work however, the grid seems to just ignore the refinement region, but it might be a place for you to start. I’m still running tests on this, but if anyone else has used this routine and thinks it may be good for Thomas please chime in. I’ll let you know if I make any progress with this.

-Sean

Sean C. Lewis
Doctoral Candidate
Department of Physics