[FLASH-USERS] Unexpected behavior of the BDRY variable

Reyes, Adam adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Mon Sep 18 13:04:55 EDT 2023

Hi Chris,

BDRY information is only available to the hydrodynamics solvers in FLASH. Any non-ideal physics, such as resistivity, aren’t aware of BDRY cells. If you don’t want magnetic field to diffuse into your BDRY cells you can try setting the resistivity in those cells to be much lower compared to the surrounding plasma.
Adam Reyes

Code Group Leader, Flash Center for Computational Science
Research Scientist, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
University of Rochester
River Campus: Bausch and Lomb Hall, 369
500 Wilson Blvd. PO Box 270171, Rochester, NY 14627
Email adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Web https://flash.rochester.edu
 (he / him / his)