[FLASH-USERS] [EXT] How to make laser ignore hydro boundary conditions

Reyes, Adam adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Wed Apr 10 10:52:02 EDT 2024

When the rays enter the domain they are traced until they either exit the domain or they deposit all of their energy inside the domain. All of this occurs in a single time step. When all the boundaries are reflecting they can’t leave and so have to deposit all of their energy. In the first time step there probably aren’t any cells absorbing the energy very quickly and so the code appears to hang while it’s just waiting for the rays to lose energy.
Adam Reyes

Code Group Leader, Flash Center for Computational Science
Research Scientist, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
University of Rochester
River Campus: Bausch and Lomb Hall, 369
500 Wilson Blvd. PO Box 270171, Rochester, NY 14627
Email adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Web https://flash.rochester.edu
 (he / him / his)