[FLASH-USERS] How to make laser ignore hydro boundary conditions

Reyes, Adam adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Wed Apr 10 05:23:23 EDT 2024

Hi Yanfei,

You shouldn’t need to do anything else. Taking the provided laserslab setup and changing the XR boundary to reflecting and setting ed_ignoreBoundaryCondition_1=.true. gives the expected result:

You can see the rays enter the right reflecting boundary and then reflect again when they return.
Adam Reyes

Code Group Leader, Flash Center for Computational Science
Research Scientist, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
University of Rochester
River Campus: Bausch and Lomb Hall, 369
500 Wilson Blvd. PO Box 270171, Rochester, NY 14627
Email adam.reyes at rochester.edu
Web https://flash.rochester.edu
 (he / him / his)