[FLASH-USERS] Stability and timestep issues with 3D Biermann3T Laserslab simulations

Timothy Mark Johnson tmarkj at mit.edu
Tue Apr 16 13:26:55 EDT 2024

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply. Your comment inspired me to look at the source code more. I found that there are two “methods” for doing the Biermann3T flux in the hy_uhd_addBiermannFluxes.F90 file. I’ve tried out method number 2 and I got much better stability and time stepping. Is method 2 alright to use? I see that there are differences in how the electric field is calculated between the methods, but I’m not sure of the significance of the differences.

Best,
Tim Johnson