[FLASH-USERS] VisIt - New submenus for flash data

Randy Hudson hudson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 7 12:34:17 EDT 2008

Seyit,

Did you rename your ~/.visit directory so the new visit would start
with a fresh config?  If not, try it.  Occasionally, that will clear
up some problems.

I assume the vexing, odd blocks are the blue, green and orange ones
around the rim.  Assuming you're not mapping color logarithmically,
the scalar values for those colors are about 5e-21, 8e-21 and 1e-20,
resp., if I did my cypherin' right.  Are you sure your data doesn't
contain those values?  Or is the odd thing just having considerably-
lower values right next to the generally-higher ones?

You're using a different colormap than you used to, right?  Could
that explain the different appearance?

Did the pseudocolor plot created by the older visit look so
pixelated?  If not, you probably need to select "Nodal" centering,
instead of "Natural" or "Zonal", at the top of the "Pseudocolor plot
attributes" window.

On May 7, 2008, at 10:42 AM, Seyit Hocuk wrote:

> Hi Randy,
>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I don't know if anyone else has this, but VisIt 1.9.0 shows my
>>> pseudocolor plots completely black. Basically the color profile
>>> "Hot" is not working in my case. Even when I try to select "Hot"
>>> from colors, VisIt directly crashes. Whenever I change to a
>>> different color profile, then it works. Except that there are few
>>> random colored blocks showing here and there, also odd.
>>
>> Can you send me some images?
>
> An image of the weird points showing on the image is added. It is
> like some bad pixels. These aren't showing in older versions of Visit.
>
> I can't send you images of black screen anymore, because, I made
> 'Hot desaturated' color profile standard now, and whenever I try to
> select 'Hot', VisIt immediately crashes every time.
>

> G'day,
> Seyit<visit0001.jpeg>

Randy.