[FLASH-USERS] unrecognized changes to eos routine

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 7 09:34:26 EDT 2009

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009, Bastian Arnold wrote:

> Dear Flash users,
>
> I am Bastian, relatively new to Flash, and I am using version 3.1. There
> is the following problem I cannot entangle so far:
>
> I have set up a gas cloud (with several species, i.e. including
> multigamma) in pressure equilibrium with the ambient medium. For that
> purpose, I needed to change the Eos.F90 routine, such that a
> temperature-dependent mean molecular weight is calculated by an external
> routine. Everything is fine after Simulation_initBlock.F90 has finished
> and BEFORE Eos_wrapped.F90 is applied to the initial block. But
> afterwards, i.e. from the initial plot file on, the pressure is not
> consistent with a temperature-dependent mean molec. weight, but instead as
> it would be after applying the default Eos.F90 routine. It seems to me,
> that Eos_wrapped.F90 (which calls Eos.F90) does not recognize my changes
> to Eos.F90.

Dear Bastian,

This sounds like your Eos.F90 may not even be linked into the object
directory, so that you are still compiling a different version of Eos into
the executable.

Please check that the Eos.F90 *in the object directory* (i.e., where you
'make' FLASH) is actually the one that you intended.  If not, you may have
to run setup again.  (For convenience, try "./resetup -noclobber" in the
object directory.)