[FLASH-USERS] FLASH setup on stampede.tacc.utexas.edu

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Fri Apr 5 10:43:45 EDT 2013

On Fri, 5 Apr 2013, Mark L Richardson wrote:

> [cli_0]: aborting job:
> Fatal error in PMPI_Allgather:
> Invalid buffer pointer, error stack:
> PMPI_Allgather(975): MPI_Allgather(sbuf=0xd665eb0, scount=24, MPI_INTEGER,
> rbuf=0xd665eb0, rcount=24, MPI_INTEGER, MPI_COMM_WORLD) failed
> PMPI_Allgather(950): Buffers must not be aliased
>

> Has anyone dealt with this before?

Mark,

You seem to have somewhere in the source a call to Allgather that
improperly uses the same buffer as the first and 4th actual argument.

Try to locate this call. I assume it is in user-provided code; if it
was in a part of the FLASH code that gets exercised under normal
circumstances, we should have already run into it and fixed it.