[FLASH-USERS] HDF5 serial with LaserSlab

Christopher Daley cdaley at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 22 11:16:09 EDT 2013

Hi Robert,

The parallel symbol is present because a FLASH HDF5 parallel I/O
implementation is being selected at FLASH setup time.  Normally +hdf5
will select HDF5 serial I/O, but the presence of the +laser shortcut
(for LaserSlab) is overriding this choice and selecting HDF5 parallel
I/O.

It is possible to run the LaserSlab simulation with HDF5 serial I/O, but
only if you remove the LaserIO sub-unit (which depends on HDF5 parallel
I/O).  Note that removing the sub-unit will mean ray data will not be
written to the plot files.  If this is OK then simply add the
following to your setup line:

--without-unit=physics/sourceTerms/EnergyDeposition/EnergyDepositionMain/Laser/LaserIO

Regards,
Chris