[FLASH-USERS] visualizing polar coordinates

Djibrilla Boureima, Ismael idjibril at uncc.edu
Wed Jul 30 17:37:58 EDT 2014

Hello All,

In case you chose to try yt, the following could help:

from yt.mods import *

# Checkpoint file or plotfile location:

CkptFile_location = '/location/to/your/checkpoint/file/checkpoint_hdf5_plt_cnt_0000 '

#Variable to plot:

var='dens'

apf = load(CkptFile_location)

sl=SlicePlot(apf, 'phi',var)
sl.set_window_size(14)

# sl.set_center((0.0,19.0)) # 19.0 is my Xmax/2.0
#sl.zoom(2.0) # This will hep zoom-IN;  change the 2.0 to anything you like

sl.set_cmap(field="dens", cmap='jet') #Pcolor style
sl.set_buff_size(2000) # Image quality
sl.save() # or sl.show() if your on a ipython notebook

Best

Ismael