[FLASH-USERS] flmake not picking up files in proj/simulations

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 13 15:53:56 EDT 2014

Hi Anthony,

So let's call my project directiory proj  What I thought I could do is just
edit the files under proj/simulations/Sedov/ and then do
flmake build -j 4
flmake run -n 4 -m "some comment about the run"

I've been doing that and by varying parameters via editing flashrc.py in
proj/.  That worked fine.  But then when I edited
proj/simulations/Sedov/Simulation_init.F90 including a write statement, I
found, that it wasn't using that file but instead was using the version in
FLASH4.2.1/source/Simulation/SimulationMain/Sedov

I assume that it's not necessary to do "flmake setup" each time -- that
would defeat the purpose.  The docs say that flmake is supposed to look
under proj/simulations/Sedov first.  I'm thinking that maybe something in
my setup could be wrong, maybe I'm missing something in flash_desc.json?
 It's hard to tell.

Jon

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Anthony Scopatz <scopatz at flash.uchicago.edu