[FLASH-USERS] Help with multigroup radiation for CCSN

Joseph Smidt josephsmidt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 15:34:41 EDT 2014

Hey everyone,

    I downloaded the new FLASH4.2.1 which contains a core collapse
supernova (CCSN) test problem by Sean Couch.  I wanted to take this
problem and turn on radiation. (As well as supply my own initial
profile)

   Unfortunately I am getting segfaults and I am new enough to the
code that none of my debugging has helped.  Let me now walk through
the process for what I did.

   I took the vanilla CCSN test problem  that comes with flash,
renamed it A140 and added the recommended initial conditions lines
shown here [1] to the Simulation_initBlack.F90 as follows: [2].  (See
lines 46-51 for the exact changes)  I also changed the Config to this
[3].

   I then setup the code using this command:

./setup A140 -auto -1d +spherical -objdir a140 -nxb=16
threadBlockList=False +pm4dev threadWithinBlock=False +newMpole +mgd
mgd_meshgroups=1

   I then compiled and ran with this flash.par [4].  You will note I
am just trying to run with one group with constant opacities. The CCSN
test requires an initial profile file which is here [5].  When the
code runs I get this error [6] and gdb gives this backtrace [7].

    Sorry for all the pastebins, but I hope they detail all my steps.
I am just trying to turn on mgd radiation for the CCSN test problem
provided by Flash and I am stuck so any help is appreciated.

[1] http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/flashcode/user_support/flash4_ug_4p22/node29.html

[2] http://pastebin.com/vS8F67Bz

[3] http://pastebin.com/rGwmZMBq

[4] http://pastebin.com/NY2mAzx7