[FLASH-USERS] flmake setup usage, effects

Anthony Scopatz scopatz at flash.uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 26 00:14:44 EDT 2014

Hello Jonathan,

Truthfully, I don't recall what setup does exactly. I believe that it just
makes symlinks and that you should be fine. However, you can always test
this.  Make a commit right before you run setup. Rerun setup, see what it
does, and if you need to checkout the most recent version.

$ git commit -am "..."
$ flmake setup
$ git status
$ git checkout -- .

Be Well
Anthony

On Wednesday, June 25, 2014, Slavin, Jonathan <jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Roman and Anthony,
>
> I had another question on flmake.  I've been running some supernova
> remnant calculations and wanted to add the Sutherland & Dopita cooling from
> the supplemental units.  I created a source directory under my project
> directory and copied the source tree that includes the S&D routines
> mirroring the directory structure under source under the original code
> directory.  Now to get that code to be picked up during the build, do I
> need to run setup again (i.e. flmake setup...)? I'm not clear on what setup
> does, so I'm concerned about it overwriting things.  Could you give me a
> short explanation about what it does?
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

> Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
> jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu');>       60 Garden
> Street, MS 83
> phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
> fax: (617) 496-7577            USA

Anthony Scopatz
Post-doctoral Scholar
The FLASH Center for Computational Science
Dept. of Astronomy and Astrophysics
The University of Chicago
cell: (512) U2-PU239
office: (773) 834-2705