[FLASH-USERS] 2D cylindrical geometry using FLASH4.2.2 unsplit solver

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Fri Apr 17 16:07:54 EDT 2015

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015, Konstantin Manukovskiy wrote:

> Dear Klaus,
>
> Thanks a lot for your clear answers. I was misled by user's guide which states
> the following 'Grid support for non-Cartesian geometries has been newly
> included in the unsplit hydro and MHD solvers in the current release. The
> supported geometries are (i) 1D spherical (ii) 2D cylindrical in r-z and
> r-theta.' So the last statement is not the case. At least at the moment.

Konstantin,

 You are right, that statement in the Users Guide (in the Hydro section)
is wrong, as far as 'r-theta' is concerned. Sorry about that.

We have been much more careful in stating what we support in other places
(Users Guide Intro section, RELEASE-NOTES, etc.), but the wrong statement
has somehow slipped in and managed to remain undetected for a while.