[FLASH-USERS] changing maxblocks

Roman Yurchak roman.yurchak at crans.org
Sat Aug 29 17:56:53 EDT 2015

Hi Jon,

On 28/08/15 19:22, Klaus Weide wrote:
> When you rerun regular setup, you will not lose any *code* changes you
> have made [..] and leave it to
> setup to create links into the object directory.
>
> Things may be a bit different when you use flmake.

same applies to flmake: setup just creates symbolic links to  the source
files. So your changes of those files and will not be lost if you rerun
setup in any case.

Btw, I'm not sure how you use flmake now, but the preferred work-flow
with flmake  would be to to make a copy of the simulation directory
(e.g.  $FLASH_SOURCE/source/Simulation/SimulationMain/Sedov) under
./simulations/Sedov in your working directory,  before running setup.
This way all subsequent changes of the source files occur locally and
not under the FLASH tree.

see
http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/flashcode/user_support/tools4b/usersguide/flmake/index.html#abstraction-2-source-paths

Best,