[FLASH-USERS] changing maxblocks

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 31 08:33:18 EDT 2015

​Hi Roman,

Yes, I did copy the source simulation tree before running. setup.  I found
out a while back that I needed to do that otherwise my changes didn't get
picked up.  I do like flmake, especially for the ease of separating runs
and tracking changes.  It's too bad that it doesn't seem to be supported
currently.

Jon​

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 1:00 PM, <flash-users-request at flash.uchicago.edu>
wrote:

> Btw, I'm not sure how you use flmake now, but the preferred work-flow
> with flmake  would be to to make a copy of the simulation directory
> (e.g.  $FLASH_SOURCE/source/Simulation/SimulationMain/Sedov) under
> ./simulations/Sedov in your working directory,  before running setup.
> This way all subsequent changes of the source files occur locally and
> not under the FLASH tree.

Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
cell: (781) 363-0035             USA