[FLASH-USERS] hangup with laser2Din3D

Mario Manuel mmanuel at umich.edu
Fri Apr 22 23:18:00 EDT 2016

Hi Klaus,

I tried the FLASH4.3 LaserSlab simulation with different IO settings. It ran with +noio, but ‘crashed’ with +hdf5typeio and +serialIO. My hdf5 library must be incompatible with the 3Din2D algorithm? I have been using hdf5-1.8.5/parallel with 3Din2D=false and had no problems. Is there a suggested hdf5 version for FLASH4.2.2? FLASH4.3?

Thanks for helping me narrow down the source of my ‘crash’.

Cheers,
Mario

______________________________________

Dr. Mario Manuel
Einstein Postdoctoral Fellow, Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory
mmanuel at umich.edu
617-899-8381

University of Michigan
Space Research Building