[FLASH-USERS] Laser heated target

Scott Feister sfeister at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 13:42:11 EDT 2018

Hi Theo,

Happy to help!

In the LaserSlab example simulation, the author declares two species,
"targ" and "cham", at the setup line:
"./setup -auto LaserSlab species=cham,targ ..."

For your new simulation, you'll want to define your own three species, e.g.
"cham", "foil", and "jet":
"./setup -auto LaserSlab species=cham,foil,jet ..."

You'll then need to edit your flash.par and simulation_initBlock.F90 to
utilize these three species! In flash.par file, you will specify your own
EOS tables, etc. The geometric part of your problem will take place within
simulation_initBlock.F90. Take a look at how in LaserSlab's file, take a
good look at how the geometry is specified. Where you see in LaserSlab the
use of cham and targ, you will replace and build your own geometry.The
region of target gets separated from the region of cham through "if"
statements. Make your own if statements (e.g. specifying if y < 0 but x >
1, set to species foil...) to adapt to your use case.

Good luck!

Best,

Scott