[FLASH-USERS] Magnetic field boundary condition for NohCylindrical test problem

Boyle, Gregory gregory.boyle at desy.de
Tue Aug 28 05:27:37 EDT 2018

Hi Ernesto,

Thank you very much for your advice!

I would like to enforce a B_theta boundary condition, which should correspond to KAXIS and MAGZ_VAR as you suggested. This seems consistent with the output of the standard NohCylindrical test problem having only MAGZ_VAR be non-zero.

I tested putting ivar == MAGX_VAR just in case, to no avail. I am now starting to suspect that, by using the unsplit staggered mesh, I perhaps need to enforce a condition on the cell faces.

Any other advice or suggestions is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Greg.