[FLASH-USERS] Timer runs out of space

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 11 14:44:59 EDT 2018

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018, Joshua Wall wrote:

> Hello FLASH users,
>
> I'm attempting to track down a strange occurrence in one of my runs (using
> FLASH 4.2.2), where I get the following error related to timing of the
> multigrid solver:
>
>     6043  perfmon: ran out of space for timer, "gr_hgBndry", cannot time
> this timer with perfmon
>     6044  perfmon: ran out of space for timer, "work copy", cannot time
> this timer with perfmon
>     6045  perfmon: ran out of space for timer, "gr_hgGuardCell", cannot
> time this timer with perfmon

This could happen if Timers_start / Timers_stop call pairs are incomplete,
or not properly nested.

It is possible that the offending unbalanced code is not in the multigrid
solver at all, but in an entirely different part of the code - the error
could just happen to cause an overflow of the Timers stack there first.