[FLASH-USERS] Total energy and Laser Deposition

Scott Feister sfeister at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 14:31:24 EST 2019

Hi Nitish,

Welcome to laser-plasma simulations in FLASH! I just searched my emails and
saw you sent the flash-users listserv some other questions in early January
-- did you ever work through those issues?

For 2D cylindrical, my understanding is that ergs is the right unit --
that FLASH is already factoring in the 2D cylindrical geometry. Anyone else
chime in if you know otherwise!

By the way, if you need to define a whole bunch of beams in your .par file
(e.g. if you are modeling Omega), feel free to use my helper Python script:
https://github.com/phyzicist/flsuite  (see examples/laserexamples.py)

Scott