[FLASH-USERS] Error When Running LaserSlab On FLASH 4.6.1

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Thu Jan 7 21:04:42 EST 2021

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021, Jared Guzman wrote:

> ./setup -auto LaserSlab -site=jag21791.vt.edu

> I have the following modules loaded prior to running make:
>
> Currently Loaded Modules:
>   1) intel/15.3   2) openmpi/3.0.0   3) phdf5/1.8.16
>
> My Makefile is also attached, which aligns with the modules I loaded in.

Jared,

I don't know what's going on there, but it appears that the output from
the 'make' command you were showing does not fully correspond to the
Makefile.h that you have attached.

The first compilation command, from your output:

  /opt/apps/intel15_3/openmpi/3.0.0/bin/mpif90  -I /opt/apps/intel15_3/openmpi3_0/phdf5/1.8.16/include -DH5_USE_16_API -DMAXBLOCKS=1000 -DNXB=8 -DNYB=8 -DNZB=1 -DN_DIM=2 Burn_interface.F90

This is not correct, and cannot work properly. The command should include
the flags that are set in your Makefile.h in the line

  FFLAGS_OPT       = -c -g -r8 -i4 -O3 -real_size 64 -diag-disable 10120

but for some reason they are missing.

I wonder whether there is something unusual about your 'make' command
(What version of GNU Make is it?) or the environment variables of your
shell (perhaps set when you are loading modules?).

Maybe you can try to run 'gmake' or 'make' in a new shell, without having
run any commands to load any modules. Maybe the compilation command shown
will be different? (The compilation would not be expected to succeed in
this case, I am just suggesting this as a way to narrow down possible
causes.)

Btw., for correctly configuring LaserSlab you will need additional flags
in your setup command (probably something including at least '+uhd3t
+mtmmmt'), see the User's Guide.