[FLASH-USERS] Installing FLASH in an OpenSUSE machine

Ernesto Zurbriggen ezurbriggen at unc.edu.ar
Fri Aug 26 10:05:03 EDT 2022

Hi Gabriel!

>The Sedov case seems to run fine
Are you able to run the Sedov test in parallel making outputs without any
problem? If so, then the problems shouldn't be the MPI and HDF5 libraries.

>My guess is tat the problem is coming from writing the HDF5 file
To test that this may be the problem, you can set up the laser Slab problem
without I/O by adding the setup shortcut +noio
e.g.: *./setup LaserSlab -auto -2d +noio*

>We were wondering whether it is possible that the problem comes from
running FLASH in openSUSE rather than Ubuntu
I don't think so.

Are you using to run the laserSlab problem the hypre library?

Best! Ernesto